D.K.T College of Education is situated at Amaravathipalayam, Tirupur District of Tamilnadu. The campus is 10 K.M. away from Tirupur on the Tirupur to Peruntholuvu State Highways. The nearest Railway Station is Tirupur and the nearest Airport is at Coimbatore. “Far from the maddening crowd”, the campus is situated at a serene atmosphere, in the midst of coconut and mango grove which is pleasant, healthy and stimulating in every sense. The campus has an array of flower plants and a magnificent building. The playground is large enough to play all games. The classrooms are comfortable. Laboratories are well established. The faculties are qualified and experienced, appointed as per NCTE and Tamilnadu Teachers Education University Norms.
The vision of D.K.T.College of Education is to impart quality teacher Education to all poor and needy people of the locality with a special focus on the socially backward irrespective of their caste, creed and religion the college aims at building right character and discipline and carries on the desirable heritage and culture of our count the college also aims at emerging as a centre of learning in teacher education and innovative research to meet the challenges of global society.
In order to fulfill the vision stated above the college guarantee
- Admission to socially backward students of the locality. Fees is not a constraint to the needy students.
- Character development, formulating good discipline and inculcating desirable cultural values of our country.
- A conducive atmosphere of learning.
- To improve efficiency of the student teacher.
- To impart relevant and quality education.
- To mainstream the practices that facilitates a balanced physical, intellectual, emotional, cultural and spiritual development of the students.
- To enhance creativity and overall personality of the students,
- To fulfill the requirements of the students fit to the changing global scenario.
- To advance knowledge-base by means of research.
- To develop professionalism and ethical qualities of a teacher
Goals of the Institution
As stated in our vision we nurture and develop the sense of internal strength to cater to the needs of the society and the students to encourage a sense of internal strength and confidence to face life capacity building to contribute towards national development.
Objectives of the Institution
To eliminate illiteracy
To promote education
To develop self esteem and self confidence.
Elevation of status of the student teacher in society.
Empowerment through education.
To have ability to make their own decisions and negotiate.
To provide skills for income generation.
To prepare them to be good leader.
Rules & Regulations
The College works six days a week and six periods a day.
The forenoon session has 3 hours (10.00 a.m. to 12.40 p.m) and the afternoon session has three hours (01.20 to 4.00 p.m.)
Late comers will not be admitted to the class without an admission slip from the Principal.
Student teachers must follow the prescribed dress code.
Participation in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities is compulsory.
Student teachers are insisted to submit the records and assignments promptly.
Absolute discipline is to be maintained by the students in and around the college campus.